CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Newspaper Hats

Okay....I LOVE teaching and being creative and when spring rolls around, my firsties and I get to work on my favorite project...our annual spring hat parade & performance.  Today was our last day before Spring Break (woooooohoooooo) and all the first graders at our school came decked out in their 'Sunday Best' and we paraded and performed wearing our gorgeous spring hats.  I got the idea several years ago from a coworker during my first year of teaching.  Each year since the whole process evolves and grows.  We start with newspaper, turn them into hats, and then decorate them.  I like to say they look like an Easter basket on your head!  We learned spring songs and poems and performed for our families and the rest of the school.  Directions for how to make the hats can be found at http://www.kinderteacher.com/SpringHats.htm.  Here are a few pics of our fun day!  
 



My fabulous mom came to help out!  It is quite a large undertaking to make hats, paint them, put Easter grass on them and decorate.  Takes a lot of helpers!